Source: Chris Nobbs Director – ABC Business
Introducing a new Queensland Government Grant that has just started targeted specifically at small and medium sized businesses across Queensland. The grant program is called JOBS ASSIST, and quite simply it gives businesses who qualify the opportunity to get a grant of up to $8,000 from the Queensland Government (Stage 1 – $3,000 to get their business assessed to identify opportunities to improve performance; and Stage 2 – $5,000 to get coaching/consulting help for 3 months to improve actual performance and/or focus on fixing a specific business challenge).
The Jobs Assist Grant initiative is helping businesses weather the current economic conditions by providing assistance to sustain business and to retain employees. It provides business advice in areas such as business and organisational development, strategic growth, and marketing and sales.
As we have historically assisted with these programs with Queensland Government, ABC Business has been appointed as a preferred Consultant to assist with supporting businesses with this program. As a result we can assist directly with helping the businesses that qualify for this grant program with completing their application and ultimately with completing both Stage 1 and Stage 2 work to directly assist businesses owners to improve overall performance.
So Who Would Qualify for this Grant?
There are essentially two key criteria that a business must meet to qualify for this grant;
1. Have 10 or more FTEs The business must employ the equivalent (or more than) 10
fulltime staff within their business. This includes themselves.
2. Be experiencing one of the following:
a. the variation in working capital is negative and has declined by more than 25%
between the two points in time i.e. 30 June 2009 and the most recent reporting period,
b. the business begins the two point period with negative working capital and remains in that position at the end of the two point period.
3. Be Working within a Key Industry Key Industries are those the government have identified as being important or growth industries for the state’s future. A full list of these are below;
- Information and communication technology (ICT)
- Advanced manufacturing
- Therapeutic medicines and devices
- Environmental and mining technologies and services
- Processed food
- Creative industriesincluding architecture, visual arts and design (including fashion, jewellery, photography); film, television and entertainment software (animation and computer games); performing arts; music; writing, publishing and print media; advertising, graphic design and marketing.
- Alternative and renewable fuels
- Fibre composites
- Liquefied natural gas
Be in Regional Queensland Have their operating office outside of the greater Brisbane area. This includes areas including Caboolture to Sunshine Coast, Ipswich and Logan council regions, Gympie, Maryborough, Hervey Bay, Bundaberg and the Townsville/Cairn regions.
4. Have an established operating base in Queensland
5. Have an ABN (registered in QLD) and be registered for GST
We feel this grant is a good government initiative to directly assist key business industries and regions throughout Queensland and we have already begun working with a number of businesses that have qualified for this grant.
So if you believe that your business may qualify for this grant opportunity OR if you know someone who might, please feel free to contact ABC Business at email@example.com and we will help you any way we can.